Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Entrants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may render an entrant ineligible for the competition.
1. Students may submit their photograph(s) individually or through their secondary school. If submitted individually, the entrant will be contacted directly. If submitted through the school, your school will be informed of your submission.
2. All entries must follow the guidelines, and entrants must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria and that their photographs are the correct size for entry.
3. The student must be the creator and copyright owner of any image he/she enters into the competition. Any post-production and editing must be undertaken by the student submitting the work.
4. Entry fees are non-refundable.
5. The Organiser (Photography Studies College) accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the competition period, or for lost or late entries.
6. Incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory material, will not be accepted. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Organiser, does not properly comply with the entry process, is ineligible to win.
To enter the competition and be eligible to win, entrants must:
1. Be a Victorian secondary school student in Year 10, 11 or 12 and must have his/her parent or guardian’s consent to enter this competition if under the age of 18.
2. Obtain the written permission of any person clearly identifiable in the photograph/s entered and have those person/s sign the Release Form. Please note that an additional parent or guardian written consent form must be given for any child in your image, under the age of 18 years - they will also need to complete a Release form. All entrants will be required to submit written Release Forms to the Competition organiser, Photography Studies College.
3. Agree that the image(s) submitted may be used for promotional purposes, including media, to promote future PSC Photo Competitions.
How to Enter the Competition
To enter the Competition and be eligible to win, entrants must:
1. Create an original image related to the competition theme(s) set for this year.
2. The image must:
· be submitted
o in jpg format
o no larger than 5MB
o min 1000pixel longest edge,
· should be an original
· complies with the photograph Submission Guidelines set out below.
3. Submit the photograph(s) online at web link, following instructions provided.
4. Each photo submitted should be named as follows: Year_Category_Surname_Given name.jpg (for example: Yr10_Bestoverall_Smith_John.jpg). No responsibility is taken for images that have not been named as required.
5. Complete and submit the Application Form with your image(s).
6. You are required to pay the non-refundable entry fee of AU$10 per entry
7. There is a limit of two images per entry.
1. Judging will be conducted by an expert judging panel. The judges’ decision is final.
2. The judges will judge each submission in relation to the competition theme and the photographic creativity and quality.
3. The judges will select the best photograph in each category (refer to Prizes section) for each year, as determined by the judges according to the judging criteria.
4. The finalists will be announced on the Awards Night.
5. The winning images will be exhibited at Photography Studies College (in Southbank).
1. The prizes won by the winners are not transferable.
2. The finalists' images will be displayed at PSC.
3. Proof of identification is required to collect the prize.
4. The Organiser’s decision is final on all matters. Due to the volume of entries, individual feedback will not be available.
5. Winners who do not use their prize in accordance with their application may be required to return the prize.
Photograph Submission Guidelines
Photographs submitted must not:
• be offensive on grounds of ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any dangerous activity
• promote illegal drugs, firearms/weapons, alcohol, tobacco, unsafe activities or promote any political ideology or agenda
• defame or misrepresent in any way the Organiser, or other companies or people
• infringe copyright of any third party
• contain trademarks or logos owned by others
• must not contain images of children unless the written consent of a parent or guardian has been obtained to the use of the image and submitted with their entry
• be in violation of any law such as Intellectual Property, Moral Rights and Privacy laws.
Copyright of Images
By entering the Competition, each student and their parent/guardian (if applicable)
• guarantees that the entry is an original work, not copied from any other source, and not the idea from any other person
• has written consent of the people whose image is included in the photograph (refer to Consent section). The Organiser may request a copy of the consent in writing
• grants to the Organiser, for the purpose of marketing and promotion of future competitions, an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide non-exclusive licene, to display, publish, communicate to the public the student’s work. The work may be
• uploaded and posted on the Organiser’s website
• uploaded onto social media sites
• exhibited as part of this competition
• published in publications to promote this competition
• removed any time from the above.
• Images of finalists’ work will be printed by the Organiser to promote the Organiser’s work and the competition. The photographer, however retains copyright.
• The Finalists grant to the Organiser, partners and sponsors a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free licence to use their photograph(s) to advertise and promote the Competition through the media, free of any charge.
By entering into the Competition, the student and, where relevant, their parent/guardian agrees and acknowledges agree:
• that comments provided by them about the Competition may be used to promote future competitions
• that the Organiser take photos of them and use them for the Organiser’s future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them
• they waive all Moral Rights in these materials.
The Organiser collects personal information to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to prize suppliers and/or other agents, or as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. By entering, students and/or their guardians consent to the Organiser using the information for an indefinite period, for promotional, marketing, publicity, and research purposes. The personal information collected for this competition will be used, stored and disclosed in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Releases and indemnities
· The Organiser is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems related to participation in this Competition and problems with the submission of entries.
· The Organiser will not be liable for any loss, claim, action, demand, liability, expense or personal injury incurred in connection with the Competition.
· The Organiser will not be liable for any loss or damage to the photographs.
· Each entrant and/or their parent/guardian (where applicable) indemnifies the Organiser and its affiliates and agrees to hold them harmless from and against any loss, claim, action, proceedings, or liabilities as a result of any claim by a third party resulting from the entrant’s breach or failure to observe any of the obligations stated in the Terms and Conditions.
· If the Competition is unable to be conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant; or to modify, suspend, or cancel the competition, as appropriate.